- Prof. H. Shigekawa
- Shigekawa Lab., Institute of Applied Physics, University of Tsukuba,
1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan.
- Office of Prof. Shigekawa
- Room#3F412, Tel +81-29-853-5276
- Office of Students and Postdocs
- Room#3G225, Tel/Fax +81-29-853-6469
- Lab Room (Omicron STM/AFM, femtosecond lasers)
- Room#3M108, Tel +81-29-853-6935
- Lab Room (Digital Instrument STM/AFM, Unisoku STM, Jeol XPS)
- Room#3G114, Tel +81-29-853-2111 ext. 8460
The Shigekawa Laboratory is located at the third cluster of colleges on the northern campus of the University of Tsukuba. If you're planning on visiting us, please refer to this page for information on available public and private transportation to the university.
- From Tokyo
- From Narita Airport
The Tsukuba Express Line (TX) runs from Akihabara (the second station from Tokyo Station) to Tsukuba Station, which is the final stop of the TX Line. The fare is \1,150 and it is a 45-minute journey by the rapid service. Schedules are available at http://www.mir.co.jp/timetable/index.html.
The Tsukuba Center Bus Terminal can be accessed from Exit No. A4. You can find the bus service or taxicab to the university, there.
Take the No.10C Tsukuba Daigaku Junkan (Migi-mawari = Clockwise / Hidari-mawari = Counter-Clockwise) at the bus stop No.1 of the Tsukuba Center Bus Terminal. The buses leave every 20 minutes. (Schedules: http://www.tsukuba.ac.jp/map/access/rootbus.html) The fare is \560 and the journey takes about 10 minutes for the Daigaku Junkan clockwise, and 20 minutes for the counter-clockwise.
Get off at the bus stop "Daisan Gakuguntou Mae" (the third cluster of colleges bus stop). The Building G is the left of the 13-story Building F (Institute of Engineering Sciences F).
It is a 10-minute journey.
Ask your driver to take you to "Tsukuba Daigaku Daisan Gakugun, F Tou"
Japan Railway Co. (JR) and Kanto Railway Co. operate shuttle bus services between Tokyo Station and Tsukuba. The buses leave from Tokyo Station "YAESU-south exit" (bus stop No.3) to either "Tsukuba Center (the Tsukuba Center Bus Terminal)" (every 10 to 20 minutes) or directly to "Tsukuba Daigaku Chuo"(every 60 minutes). The fare is \1,250 and the journey takes about 75 minutes depending on traffic.
If you miss the bus for Tsukuba Daigaku chuo, take the bus bound for the Tsukuba Center Bus Terminal and then take the Daigaku Junkan bus.
Joban Line runs from Ueno Station (the fourth station from Tokyo Station). Get off at Hitachino-ushiku station and take a Kanto Railway's local bus bound for Tsukuba Daigaku chuo from the East exit. The fare is \560 and it is a 40-minute journey. (Schedules: http://www.info-tsukuba.org/traffic/bus/bus12.html)
Get off at the bus stop "Daisan Gakuguntou Mae" (the third cluster of colleges bus stop). If you miss the bus for Tsukuba Daigaku chuo, take the bus bound for the Tsukuba Center Bus Terminal and then take the Daigaku Junkan bus.
*In the case of an emergency*
If you miss the local bus or you are lost, please call us at 029-853-6469(lab) or 029-853-5276 (professor), a staff member will come and give you a ride to the campus.
Via Joban Expressway (From Tokyo area)
- Exit Sakura-Tsuchiura IC and follow the left lane to Tsukuba city.
- At the second intersection ("Sasagi" intersection) on Route 354, turn right onto "Higashi o-dori" road (Route 55).
- Using the middle lane, drive north for about 5 km and turn left at the "Shibazaki" intersection onto "Hiratsuka dori" street.
- Turn right at the first traffic light, "Daigaku Kouen Minami", onto "Keyaki dori" street and drive north until you reach "Kaede dori" street.
- Drive south along the "Kaede dori" street (the large parking area on the left is for staff members only) and turn left just past the bus stop "Daisan Gakuguntou Mae" in front of 13-story Building F (Institute of Engineering Sciences F).
- Make a left turn and enter the visitor parking area on the left.
Visitor parking is available in front of Building F. Daily parking permits are issued to visitors. Visitors may request a parking permit at the Parking Services office (Daisan gakugun ku keibiin shitsu) located at the entrance of Building F. (please provide your license plate number) Place clearly the parking permit on the dashboard while parking.
NATT’S Airport Express Bus
The Airport Express Bus (NATT’S) bound for Tsuchiura Station leaves almost every two hours. Take the bus at bus stop #8 Terminal 1 or #10 Terminal 2 to the Tsukuba Center Bus Terminal. The fare is \2,540 and it is a 100-minute journey.
|Departure from Narita Airport (Terminal 2) ||Departure from Narita Airport (Terminal 1) ||Arrival at Hitachino-Ushiku Station ||Arrival at Tsukuba Center ||Arrival at Tsuchiura Station
|7:20 ||7:25 ||8:40 ||9:00 ||9:20
|9:05 ||9:10 ||10:25 ||10:45 ||11:05
|10:35 ||10:40 ||11:55 ||12:15 ||12:35
|12:50 ||12:55 ||14:10 ||14:30 ||14:50
|14:35 ||14:40 ||15:55 ||16:15 ||16:35
|16:15 ||16:20 ||17:35 ||17:55 ||18:15
|17:20 ||17:25 ||18:40 ||19:00 ||19:20
|18:40 ||18:45 ||20:00 ||20:20 ||20:40
|20:00 ||20:05 ||21:20 ||21:40 ||22:00
From the Tsukuba Center Bus Terminal, please follow the directions shown above.