Local Transportation - STM'05
July 3-8, 2005 Sapporo Convention Center, Japan.
Sapporo Convention Center
1-1-1, Higashi-sapporo 6 jo
Shiroishi-ku, Sappro, 003-0006, Japan
Access guide in Japanese
TEL: 011-817-1010 (+81-11-817-1010)
FAX: 011-820-4300 (+81-11-820-4300)
Meeting Service at Airport
Meeting service is available on Sunday, July 3, at New Chitose Airport.
The Local Organizing Committee opens a support desk for the delegates arriving at SAPPORO/New Chitose Airport (SPK) on Sunday, July 3. You will find staff with identification & signboard "STM'05/ICSPM13" both at international and domestic arrival gates from 10:00 to the final arrival on that day. The support desk helps you finding airport facilities, or guides you the appropriate local transportation to your destination. Tourist Map of Sapporo, and Access & Facility Guide are also available at the desk. The desk is operated by volunteer citizens and coordinated by the Sapporo Convention Bureau & the City of Chitose.
New Chitose Airport:
Map of Sapporo:
It is strongly recommended that you exchange your currency to Japanese Yen before arriving at New Chitose Airport (e.g. TOKYO/Narita, OSAKA/Kansai, NAGOYA/Chubu, etc.) because the airport exchange will close at 17:00.
*ATM (The Citi Bank) on the 2nd Floor opens until 23:00 for cashing service.
From New Chitose Airport to Sapporo Terminal
Forty minutes from New Chitose Airport to Sapporo Terminal by JR Rapid Airport
at 1040 yen serving every thirty minutes.
From Sapporo Terminal to the Convention Center
- by subway
- Two minutes from Sapporo Terminal to Odori Station by Subway Nanboku-sen serving every ten minutes.
- Five minutes from Odori Station to Higashi-sapporo Station by Subway Tozai-sen serving every ten minutes.
- Eight minutes walk from Higashi-Sapporo Station.
- Subway ticket for one person at 240 yen.
- by JR bus #1
- Seventeen minutes from Sapporo-Terminal to Nishi-shiroishi bus
stop at 200 yen by JR bus
"Sorachi-sen Route" #13, #15, #17, #22, #23, #24, #26, #31,
#33, #34, #36 serving every fifteen minutes.
- Four minutes walk from Nishi-shiroishi bus stop.
- Nishi-shiroishi bus stop is the one on the Route 12 in the map.
Bus stops from Sapporo to Nishi-Shiroishi
- by JR bus #2
- Twenty minutes from Sapporo-Terminal to Sapporo-Convention-Center bus stop at 200 yen by JR bus
"Sorachi Junkan (Sorachi Loop Line)" #3 serving every one hour.
- Departure times at the Sapporo-Terminal are (7:35,) (7:55,) 8:35, 9:05, 10:05, 11:05, 12:05, 13:05,
14:05, 15:05, 16:05, 17:05, 17:35, 18:05, (18:35,) (19:15). () indicates services only available
- The bus stop is just in front of the conference site. [map]
Bus stops from Sapporo to Sapporo-Convention-Center
- by Taxi
- Ten minutes from Sapporo Terminal.